Blog For Rent

Idealist by nature... Corporate slave by circumstance.

Friday, June 30, 2006

How May I Direct Your Call?

It’s Friday! I was laying in my bed this morning at 7:45 knowing I should have gotten up about an hour before, I was just so warm and comfy that I couldn’t bring myself to push the covers back and prepare for war. I mean… get dressed for work. Fridays used to be my favorite day, but not anymore. We here at Yum are on summer hours. Just what are summer hours, you ask? For most here it’s a wonderful thing that happens between June and August were you either go home at 1PM or 3PM on Fridays. I know- it sounds great! Not for poor little me, I’m stuck here alone until 5. Yeah, I know, I complain too much.
Every single person that has walked past in the last 15 minutes has stared at me. I’d like to think that it is because of my devastating good looks, but sadly, I know it’s only because they are wondering what the hell the large TV camera is pointed at me. The Facilities dept. is doing an informative video or two on the building and all the greatness that is YUM. Most new visitors are amazed when they come to find out that we take up the ENTIRE building. Its 9 floors that house the Pizza Hut chaos. We have the “secret” labs that they develop new pizzas in (yes, I’ve tried some), the paperwork hell that is Legal, grunts, the executives (or Leadership Team- in PH speak), and the spoiled brats that are International. That all comes down to about 900 employees. We have our own little city here. Need some Coffee? Try the Starbucks on 1. Spilled your coffee on your shirt? Take it to the drycleaners or just buy a new one at the company store. Grab lunch at either Taco BHell, KFC, PH, or whatever. Then take a ride on the company jet. This is the crap that’s been shoved down my throat for the last week. I think they just put all the crap in the building so we won’t have an excuse to leave. Leave and never come back….. Oh, sorry, fantasizing again. I do like my job, don’t get me wrong. It’s just a dream of mine to not HAVE to work. Do it because I like it. I know--- never gonna happen. I’ll always need the money for something. Any hoot… Have a great Friday!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home