Blog For Rent

Idealist by nature... Corporate slave by circumstance.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Girl fight via Text Message

Today was supposed to be a fun day, a nice, easy going and lazy day. I took off of work today because I felt like it and was going to sleep in and clean house a little. Hillary called and woke me up at about 9, no biggy- I probably shouldn't sleep longer than that anyways. I cleaned the kitchen a little and Hillary came over. We took a field trip to the liquor store to buy some vodka and 99 bananas for our jell-o shots for Katie's 23rd bday. Hillary, Katie, Genesis, Dawn, Lacie and I planned on getting together at Lacie's house to get girlie drunk and all the usual stupid things. Hillary called Lacie to make sure we were still on even though we've just talked to her about it day before yesterday. Lacie said she forgot all about it. She and Don had made other plans. I don't believe she forgot for a second. She does this shit all the time, makes plans and then "forgets" or backs out at the last moment- she even lies to get out of things when all she has to do is say it. At this point I'm disappointed, and kind of miffed. Then, Lacie sends a text msg.

Lacie: Are you mad at me? I forgot about her birthday. We are supposed to be going to his mother's house.
Me: Obviously I'm not happy. It wasn't so much about her bday as it was all of us getting together. It all seems just a little ironic.
Lacie: Sorry I really forgot. Please don't be mad.
Me: You always forget about things like that.
Lacie: What else have I forgot about? (gee, I don't know, like Hillary's birthday- )
Me: you ALWAYS seem to "forget" about plans we make or back out at the last minute. It's even more ironic that you're going to see a person you NEVER go visit this particular weekend.
Lacie: I have been to his mom's house many times. His niece is having problems. Name one that I forgot about. I have a family and a kid. I can't drop everything every time. (Now I'm livid. She uses this family excuse everytime. She doesn't have a family. She has a boyfriend that pimps her out on myspace looking for chicks for her to sleep with and film. Her kid spends more time at her mom's house then theirs.)
Me: Don't fucking act like I'm always putting you out! After everything I've done for you and I ask you one thing. Fuck it, Just forget about it.
Lacie: That's fucked Steph. Just because I forgot about Katie's bday you say something like that. I thought we were better friends than that. (Did she not read what I said about it NOT being about the bday?!?)
Me: You don't get it. It's not about her bday and you're the one that acted like I was asking the world of you.
Lacie: How is that? I said I was sorry. I didn't mean to forget. I have always appreciated everything you have done for me. But you throw it in my face now.
Me: I wasn't throwing it in your face, I was making a point that we hardly ever ask anything of you and you're acting like we constantly do and we put you out.
Lacie: You don't ask me to do anything and I don't act like you do. You get mad when my schedule doesn't your plans. said I was sorry. What else can I say? (Yes you fucking do act like that- no, I rearrange my schedule for you constantly. You could say "I'm sorry I'm such a flake and constantly do these kinds of things and even go as far as lying about my kid to get out of things so I can go to the strip club with Don, which makes you not believe a word I say)
Me: We were trying to make it convenient for you in the first place. Let me set something straight- When I said things I've done for you I wasn't talking material. I do those things because I want to and I'd do them again in a heartbeat. We always attend your functions and that's okay. It's when you commit to things and then back out. Just forget about it though, I know you're sorry. (Lacie, Genesis and Dawn live together. Lacie is almost 22 and still doesn't know how to drive, it's just easier doing it there than anything else. We always go to her son's bday parties and her family funerals and all that shit she asks us to do)

The thing is- we've known Lacie since we were 12. We always make all of the effort in our friendship with Lacie. That's just how it is, I never expected anything out of her. I just got to the point where I couldn't do it anymore. I was trying to make it easy for her by doing it over there so she didn't have to find a ride, a baby sitter and get don to come pick her up. Plus Dawn and Gen are already there. If she didn't want to do it there that's fine, that's all she had to say when we talked about it two weeks ago, last Saturday and Sunday, when Hillary called two days ago and when I sent her a text two days ago asking about it. Not a fucking word until the day before. I really don't know if I should believe her not, My head tells me not to, but my other side tells me to forget about it. I don't know what to do, honestly. Hillary just called her and told me she was very upset and never wanted to talk to me again. I feel the same way right now. When Lacie asked her what she had flaked out Hillary just made her "I know but I'm not going to say anything to upset you" sound. I was like "Thanks Hillary, now I just look like a dick and I'm pulling it all out of thin air." Her retort was "Well she was on the verge of crying." When just a few hours ago Hillary said that she thinks she's done with Lacie. Who knows, I guess I'll either just have to see how it plays out or suck it up and apologize when I don't think I'm in the wrong.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home